Welcome to the VMware Carbon Black® App Control™ documentation site!
Carbon Black App Control locks down critical systems and servers to prevent unwanted changes and ensure continuous compliance with regulatory mandates. Carbon Black App Control documentation may contain information associated with products not currently deployed in your organization. For more information about the Carbon Black platform and available products, see https://www.vmware.com/products/app-control.html. You can create custom documentation collections, containing only the content needed for your organization, using MyLibrary.
- The VMware Carbon Black App Control User Guide is only supplied on this site only as a PDF at this time. Within the software, the same content is available as online help.
- Legacy content prior to version 8.7 can be found on the Carbon Black User Exchange. Please use the resources below to link directly to relevant content on the User Exchange.
- Use the Quick Links table at the top of the page to easily find the most common Carbon Black App Control documentation.
- Use the navigation on the left to browse all of the available documentation for Carbon Black App Control.
- To view content in PDF, select the Download PDF icon.
- When searching for content within a book, a filter displays after you begin entering the search criteria. Select Book to search only in that book. Select All to search the entire VMware content library.
Contacting VMware Carbon Black Support
Please view our Customer Support Guide on the User Exchange for more information about Technical Support:
For your convenience, support for Carbon Black App Control is available through several channels:
|Technical Support Contact Options|
|Web: User eXchange|
When you call or email technical support, please provide the following information to the support representative:
|Contact||Your name, company name, telephone number, and e-mail address|
|Product version||Product name (for example, Carbon Black App Control Server or Agent) and version number|
|Hardware configuration||Hardware configuration of the server or endpoint having the issue (processor, memory, and RAM)|
|Problem||Action causing the problem, error message returned, and event log output (as appropriate)|
|Problem severity||Critical, Major, Minor, Request|