Use this procedure to close an alert and to close all related alerts.
- On the left navigation pane, click Alerts.
- Choose Group by: None.
- Click the alert you want to close.
- In the Actions column, click the dropdown menu.
- Click Close.
The Close Alert window displays.
- Click the Close As drop-down menu to select a reason for closing the alert:
- No reason
- Resolved - Benign/Known good
- In the Manage Related Alerts section, choose whether to:
Note: Click View Alerts to view all alerts with the same threat ID.
- Close all existing alerts with the same threat ID
- Automatically close all future alerts with the same threat ID
- Add a note to other users outlining the reason closing the alert, and all future alerts if applicable.
- Click Close Alert.
The workflow status of the alert changes to Closed. The change is recorded in the Alert ID History pane. Use the Alert ID History pane to view all previous changes to the workflow status of the alert.