The following file restrictions apply to manual file uploads.
Windows does not restrict uploading of script files when Private Logging Level is enabled in the policy.
Windows files that have the following file extensions can be uploaded for analysis:
MacOS scripts are not uploaded if Private Logging Level is enabled in the policy. If Allow Executable Uploads for Scans is not selected, all script uploads are disabled regardless of type.
Common macOS object types can be uploaded for analysis:
The following objects cannot be uploaded:
- Files in the /etc directory
Files that contain the following extensions:
- .pkg and .dmg with a file size of > 20MB
- Scripts (when Private Logging Level is enabled)
Document files including:
- MS Office
- Open Office (determined by both magic and extension)
- Files that do not contain a Magic Cookie (the first four bytes of a file that identifies the special file format)