You can run the scan for a container image in the Carbon Black Cloud console or in a terminal using the CLI Client. The following procedure performs an image scan in the Carbon Black Cloud console.
If a container image is built, pushed to a public repository, and deployed to a Kubernetes cluster between two scans, it will be displayed in the list with a Pending status. If the image scan has a status Error, you can run the scan for that image in the Carbon Black Cloud console or in a terminal, using the CLI Client.
- On the left navigation pane, do one of the following depending on your system configuration and role:
- If you have the Kubernetes Security DevOps or SecOps role and your system has only the Container security feature, click .
- If you have any other role and your system has Container security and other Carbon Black Cloud features, click .
- Click the Deployed Images tab.
- If they are contracted, expand the filter options by clicking the carets >> in the top left. For the Scan Status filter, select Error.
The table displays only images that have an Error status.
- Either use the search field to find a particular image or choose a container image from the list. Click the arrow icon at the right of the selected image.
- Click Rescan in the Image Details panel.