You can monitor the status of sensor updates on the Sensor Update Status tab on the Endpoints page.
To stop a processing or pending update request, click the Stop icon in the Actions column.
Sensor Update Status
The progress of a sensor update is indicated by the Status column, along with an accompanying progress bar.
- Pending: Update has been requested but has not begun to process; corresponds with the Requested column timestamp.
- Processing: Update is currently in progress; updates will automatically timeout after two weeks.
- Completed: All sensors in the update have either succeeded or failed; corresponds with the Completed column timestamp.
- Stopped: Update has been cancelled; stopped updates cannot be restarted. A new update must be initiated.
View results of sensor updates
After an update begins to process, the number of successful or failed sensor updates begin to populate in the table in the Updated and Errors columns. When completed, the sum of successful updates and any failed updates match the initial number of sensors requested for update in the Sensors column.
View Updated Sensors
Click the hyperlinked number of successfully updated sensors in the Updated column to view the updated sensors on the Endpoints tab. A hyperlink only appears if an update request is either Completed or Stopped and if the number of updated sensors is fewer than 500.
In the Actions column, click the Export icon to download a CSV file of any Completed or Stopped update request.
Use the CSV file to view full results of updates. The file contains useful information about your updates, including the Device IDs of all requested sensors, their initial and updated sensor versions, and the reason for any update failure.
View Failed Sensors and Errors
Click the hyperlinked number of failed sensors in the Errors column to view the failed sensors on the Endpoints tab. A hyperlink only appears if an update request is either Completed or Stopped and if the number of failed sensors is fewer than 500.
If an update contains failures, click the caret on the left of the row in the table to view a summary of failure reasons. Sensors can fail due to:
- Sensor unresponsive: The sensor was offline or failed to check in with the system during the timeframe of the update.
- No sensor found: The sensor could not be found. The sensor is probably deregistered.
- Update stopped by user: The update request was stopped by a user before the sensor could update.
- Update error: The sensor failed to update to the targeted version.
|Requested||Date and time of the initial update request.|
|Completed||Date and time of the finished update. An update can show this status even if it contains both successful and failed sensor updates.|
|Status||Progress of a sensor update. The status of an update can be: Pending, Processing, Completed, or Stopped.|
|Sensors||Total number of sensors requested for an update.|
|Updated||Number of successfully updated sensors. This number will change as more sensors are successfully updated until the update has completed or has been stopped.|
|Errors||The number of sensors that have failed to update. This number will change as more sensors fail to update, until the request has completed or has been stopped.|
|Actions||Click the Stop icon to stop a processing or pending request. When updates are completed or stopped, click the Export icon to download a CSV file to view the full results of the update request.|