You can update sensors through the Carbon Black Cloud console.
Important: If you are updating to the Windows 3.6 sensor, see Configure a firewall
- On the left navigation pane, click Inventory.
- Select the requisite asset that you want to update:
- VM Workloads
- VDI Clones
- Search for and select the sensors to update.
- Confirm the number of sensors to update.
Tip: You can choose to update all sensors on the page matching the search. Select Update sensors on all X Assets where X is the number of devices that match the search.
- Select the sensor version from the Version dropdown menu.
- Provide a unique Sensor Update Name of up to 100 characters.
Note: Jobs without a sensor update name use "--" in the Carbon Black Cloud console. Carbon Black recommends providing a unique sensor update name for searchability.
- Click Update Sensors.
After you initiate the sensor updates, you can view the progress of the updates on the Sensor Update Status tab.