This article describes how to install Carbon Black EDR macOS sensors on endpoints.
Note: To install a sensors on macOS systems, you must have access to an administrator account.
To have access to the Download Sensor Installer controls for a sensor group, you must be one of the following:
A user that is a member of a team that has either the Viewer or Analyst role for the sensor group.
For Carbon Black EDR installations, a Global Administrator.
For Carbon Black Hosted EDR installations, an Administrator.
- On the navigation bar of the Carbon Black EDR console, click Sensors.
- In the Groups panel, select the sensor group for installing the sensor package.
- From the Download Sensor Installer list at the top of the Sensors page, select OSX Standalone PKG. The sensor package file is downloaded to your system.
- In the operating system, do the following:
- Copy the <install package name>.zip sensor installation package to the macOS endpoint.
- Extract the <install package name>.zip file to a temporary folder.
- From the extracted .zip file, double-click the .pkg file and follow the installation prompts. You can also launch the .pkg file by using a silent installer. For example:
installer -pkg <install package name>.pkg -target /
This installs the macOS sensor using the configuration that is provided in the sensorsettings.ini file.
After the installation is complete, the macOS sensor is installed and running. The Sensors page shows the sensor as registered and checking into the Carbon Black EDR server.