For all supported operating system platforms, you can uninstall sensors by using the Carbon Black EDR console. After you uninstall sensors, they will stop reporting events and binaries from the endpoints on which they are installed to the Carbon Black EDR server.
To uninstall a sensor using the Carbon Black EDR console, you must be one of the following:
- A user that has the enhanced Analyst permission for uninstalling sensors and is a member of a team that has the Analyst role for the sensor group for the endpoint.
- For Carbon Black EDR installations, a Global Administrator.
- For Carbon Black Hosted EDR installations, an Administrator.
- On the navigation bar, click Sensors.
- In the Groups panel, select the sensor group that contains the sensor to uninstall.
- In the sensors list, select the checkbox next to the sensor(s) to uninstall.
- From the Actions drop-down menu, select Uninstall.
- In the Uninstall Sensors Confirmation dialog box, click Okay to confirm the uninstall action.
Note: The sensor receives the uninstall request the next time it checks in with the server, which can be anytime between 30 seconds to several minutes depending on the number of active sensors and the server load. Uninstalled sensors do not appear in sensor and host lists, unless the Show Uninstalled Sensors checkbox is selected.