The Carbon Black EDR server administrator must create a Unix application account to integrate with Carbon Black EDR.
- Go to https://duo.com.
- Follow the prompts to create an account and activate the Duo Mobile application on your preferred device.
If you already have a Duo Mobile account, you can use this. You do not have to create a new account for the Carbon Black EDR-Duo plugin.
- When your account is active and you have activated the Duo Mobile application on your device, log in with your account at https://duo.com.
- Select Applications.
- Click Protect an Application.
- Scroll down to locate the Unix Application selection and click the Protect this Application link.
- Scroll to the Settings > General panel.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the Unix application, such as "Carbon Black EDR Server".
- For Username normalization , select the choice that best represents your security posture. This setting is related to the field specified in the /usr/share/cb/plugins/duo/secrets.ini settings file for mappingCarbon Black EDR users to Duo users. See See Map Carbon Black EDR Users to Duo Users.
- If the Duo Mobile application is setup for Simple normalization of the username, and Carbon Black EDR-Duo integration is configured for email, then only the name in the Carbon Black EDR user email field (the value before the “@” symbol) is used to match the Duo user.
If password is setup for None and Carbon Black EDR-Duo integration is configured for email or username, then the entire string must match a Duo user account.
- Click Save Changes.