This topic describes VMware copyright notices for Carbon Black EDR.
Copyright ©2011-2022 VMware, Inc. All rights reserved. VMware Carbon Black is a registered trademark and/or trademark of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks and product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
This document is for use by authorized licensees of this product. It contains the confidential and proprietary information of VMware, Inc., and may be used by authorized licensees solely in accordance with the license agreement governing its use. This document may not be reproduced, retransmitted, or redistributed, in whole or in part, without the written permission of VMware, Inc.. VMware, Inc. disclaims all liability for the unauthorized use of the information contained in this document and makes no representations or warranties with respect to its accuracy or completeness. Users are responsible for compliance with all laws, rules, regulations, ordinances and codes in connection with the use of VMware Carbon Black products.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING BY VMWARE. THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
We acknowledge the use of the following third-party software in the Carbon Black EDR software product:
- Antlr python runtime - Copyright (c) 2010 Terence Parr
- Backbone routefilter - Copyright (c) 2012 Boaz Sender
- Backbone Upload - Copyright (c) 2014 Joe Vu, Homeslice Solutions
- Backbone Validation - Copyright (c) 2014 Thomas Pedersen (http://thedersen.com)
- Backbone.js - Copyright (c) 2010–2014 Jeremy Ashkenas, DocumentCloud
- Beautifulsoup - Copyright (c) 2004–2015 Leonard Richardson
- Canvas2Image - Copyright (c) 2011 Tommy-Carlos Williams (http://github.com/devgeeks)
- Code Mirror - Copyright (c) 2014 by Marijn Haverbeke firstname.lastname@example.org and others
- D3js - Copyright 2013 Mike Bostock. All rights reserved
- FileSaver - Copyright (c) 2011 Eli Grey
- Font-Awesome - Copyright Font Awesome by Dave Gandy (http://fontawesome.io)
- Fontello - Copyright (c) 2011 by Vitaly Puzrin
- Freewall - Copyright (c) 2013 Minh Nguyen
- FullCalendar - Copyright (c) 2013 Adam Shaw
- Gridster - Copyright (c) 2012 Ducksboard
- Heredis - Copyright (c) 2009–2011, Salvatore Sanfilippo and Copyright (c) 2010–2011, Pieter Noordhuis
- Java memcached client - Copyright (c) 2006–2009 Dustin Sallings and Copyright (c) 2009–2011 Couchbase, Inc.
- Jedis - Copyright (c) 2010 Jonathan Leibiusky
- Jmousewheel - Copyright (c) 2013 Brandon Aaron (http://brandon.aaron.sh)
- Joyride - Copyright (c) 1998 - 2014 ZURB, Inc. All rights reserved.
- JQuery - Copyright (c) 2014 The jQuery Foundation
- JQuery cookie - Copyright (c) 2013 Klaus Hartl
- JQuery flot - Copyright (c) 2007–2014 IOLA and Ole Laursen
- JQuery Foundation - Copyright (c) 2013–2014 ZURB, Inc.
- JQuery placeholder - Copyright (c) Mathias Bynens (http://mathiasbynens.be/)
- JQuery sortable - Copyright (c) 2012, Ali Farhadi
- JQuery sparkline - Copyright (c) 2009–2012 Splunck, Inc.
- JQuery spin - Copyright (c) 2011–2014 Felix Gnass [fgnass at neteye dot de]
- JQuery tablesorter - Copyright (c) Christian Bach
- JQuery timepicker - Copyright (c) Jon Thornton, email@example.com (https://github.com/jonthornton)
- JQuery traffic cop - Copyright (c) Jim Cowart
- JQuery UI - Copyright (c) 2014 jQuery Foundation and other contributors
- jScrollPane - Copyright (c) 2010 Kelvin Luck
- Libcurl - Copyright (c) 1996 - 2014, Daniel Stenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
- libfreeimage.a - FreeImage open source image library
- Meld3 - Supervisor is Copyright (c) 2006–2015 Agendaless Consulting and Contributors
- moment.js - Copyright (c) 2011–2014 Tim Wood, Iskren Chernev, Moment.js contributors
- MonthDelta - Copyright (c) 2009–2012 Jess Austin
- Mwheelintent.js - Copyright (c) 2010 Kelvin Luck
- nginx - Copyright (c) 2002–2014 Igor Sysoev and Copyright (c) 2011–2014 Nginx, Inc.
- OpenSSL - Copyright (c) 1998–2011 The OpenSSL Project. All rights reserved
- PostgreSQL - Portions Copyright (c) 1996–2014, The PostgreSQL Global Development Group and Portions Copyright (c) 1994, The Regents of the University of California
- PostgreSQL JDBC drivers - Copyright (c) 1997–2011 PostgreSQL Global Development Group
- Protocol Buffers - Copyright (c) 2008, Google Inc.
- pyperformance - Copyright 2014 Omer Gertel
- Pyrabbit - Copyright (c) 2011 Brian K. Jones
- Python decorator - Copyright (c) 2008, Michele Simionato
- Python flask - Copyright (c) 2014 by Armin Ronacher and contributors
- Python gevent - Copyright Denis Bilenko and the contributors (http://www.gevent.org)
- Python gunicorn - Copyright 2009–2013 (c) Benoit Chesneau email@example.com and Copyright 2009–2013 (c) Paul J. Davis firstname.lastname@example.org
- Python haigha - Copyright (c) 2011–2014, Agora Games, LLC All rights reserved
- Python hiredis - Copyright (c) 2011, Pieter Noordhuis
- Python html5 library - Copyright (c) 2006–2013 James Graham and other contributors
- Python Jinja - Copyright (c) 2009 by the Jinja Team
- Python kombu - Copyright (c) 2015–2016 Ask Solem & contributors. All rights reserved.
- Python Markdown - Copyright 2007, 2008 The Python Markdown Project
- Python netaddr - Copyright (c) 2008 by David P. D. Moss. All rights reserved.
- Python ordereddict - Copyright (c) Raymond Hettinger on Wed, 18 Mar 2009
- Python psutil - Copyright (c) 2009, Jay Loden, Dave Daeschler, Giampaolo Rodola’
- Python psycogreen - Copyright (c) 2010–2012, Daniele Varrazzo email@example.com
- Python redis - Copyright (c) 2012 Andy McCurdy
- Python Seasurf - Copyright (c) 2011 by Max Countryman
- Python simplejson - Copyright (c) 2006 Bob Ippolito
- Python sqlalchemy - Copyright (c) 2005–2014 Michael Bayer and contributors. SQLAlchemy is a trademark of Michael Bayer
- Python sqlalchemy-migrate - Copyright (c) 2009 Evan Rosson, Jan Dittberner, Domen Kozar
- Python tempita - Copyright (c) 2008 Ian Bicking and Contributors
- Python urllib3 - Copyright (c) 2012 Andy McCurdy
- Python werkzeug - Copyright (c) 2013 by the Werkzeug Team, see AUTHORS for more details
- QUnitJS - Copyright (c) 2013 jQuery Foundation (http://jquery.org/)
- redis - Copyright (c) by Salvatore Sanfilippo and Pieter Noordhuis
- Simple Logging Facade for Java - Copyright (c) 2004–2013 QOS.ch
- Six - Copyright (c) 2010–2015 Benjamin Peterson
- Six - yum distribution - Copyright (c) 2010–2015 Benjamin Peterson
- Spymemcached / Java Memcached - Copyright (c) 2006–2009 Dustin Sallings and Copyright (c) 2009–2011 Couchbase, Inc.
- Supervisord - Supervisor is Copyright (c) 2006–2015 Agendaless Consulting and Contributors
- Switchery - Copyright (c) 2013–2014 Alexander Petkov
- Toastr - Copyright (c) 2012 Hans Fjallemark & John Papa
- Underscore js - Copyright (c) 2009–2014 Jeremy Ashkenas, DocumentCloud and Investigative Reporters & Editors
- Zlib - Copyright (c) 1995–2013 Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of the above third-party software and associated documentation files (collectively, the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notices and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE LISTED ABOVE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
VMware Carbon Black
1100 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451 USA
VMware Carbon Black EDR User Guide
Product Version: 7.7
Document Revision Date: February 2, 2022