Carbon Black Cloud Host Module runs on the ESXi as a host user world process and provides unique identity information to the VMs. To save time from manual installation of a host user world on every host in your vCenter Server and then configure its settings to communicate with the appliance, you can use a newly introduced automatic installation and configuration flow.
You install the host user world on a single host or on many hosts in a cluster.
- Host with ESXi 6.7 or later.
- vCenter Server 6.7 or later.
- Carbon Black Cloud Workload appliance 1.1 or later.
- The host must be powered on and connected to the vCenter Server.
- Log in to the vSphere Client with administrator credentials.
- Select a host from the inventory tree and click the Configure tab.
- Navigate to the Enable Host Module.
page and click This action takes up to 5 minutes.Once the installation completes, the status changes from Installable to Up to date. You can see the host user world version and its general status as being connected.
- To upgrade the host user world to its latest version, click the Upgrade Host Module.
Once the upgrade completes, the status changes from Upgradable to Up to date.
- Optional. To install the Carbon Black Cloud Host Module on all hosts within a cluster:
- Select the cluster from the inventory tree and click the Configure tab.
- Navigate to the Enable Host Module. page, and click
- Select Confirm in the VMware Carbon Black Cloud pop-up.