You add a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account for the account regions that you want to deploy Cloud Assembly blueprints to.
VMware Cloud on AWS requires some unique configuration procedures in Cloud Assembly. To properly configure Cloud Assembly for VMware Cloud on AWS, including setting an API token values for the cloud account and setting gateway firewall rules for its cloud proxy, see the The VMware Cloud on AWS use case workflow.
- Verify that you have the required VMware Cloud on AWS administrator credentials, including VMware Cloud on AWS CloudAdmin credentials for the target SDDC in vCenter. See Credentials for Cloud Assembly cloud accounts.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the Cloud Assembly user roles.
- Verify that you have installed a cloud proxy on the vCenter Server that is included in your VMware Cloud on AWS SDDC. See Create and deploy a cloud proxy for a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in Cloud Assembly.
- Verify that the cloud proxy VM is on and that the cloud proxy service is connected and running. See Verify that a cloud proxy is running on a target virtual machine.
- Select Add Cloud Account and select the VMware Cloud on AWS account type. , click
- Add the VMC API token for your organization to access the available SDDCs.
You can create a new token or use an existing token for your organization on the linked API Tokens page. For details, see Create a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in Cloud Assembly within a sample workflow.
- Select the SDDC to be available for deployments.
NSX-V SDDCs are not supported and do not appear in the list.
The vCenter and NSX-T Manager IP address/FQDN values are automatically populated based on the SDDC.
If you have already installed a cloud proxy on the vCenter, the cloud proxy value is also specified. If you need to create a cloud proxy, see Create and deploy a cloud proxy for a VMware Cloud on AWS cloud account in Cloud Assembly.
- Enter your vCenter user name and password for the specified SDDC if other than the default value of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Validate to confirm your access rights to the specified vCenter and check that the vCenter is running.
The data centers associated with the account are collected.
- For efficiency, create a cloud zone for provisioning to the selected SDDC.
You can also create cloud zones as a separate step according to your organization's cloud strategy.
- If you need to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags.
You can add or remove capability tags later. See How to use tags to manage Cloud Assembly resources and deployments.
- Click Save.
What to do next
To properly configure Cloud Assembly for VMware Cloud on AWS, see The VMware Cloud on AWS use case.
For related information about VMware Cloud on AWS outside of Cloud Assembly, see VMware Cloud on AWS documentation.