Using vRealize Orchestrator integration or Extensibility actions with Cloud Assembly, you can create subscriptions to extend your applications.
- Cloud Administrator user role
- If using vRealize Orchestrator integration and workflows:
- Existing vRealize Orchestrator on-prem workflows.
- Successful integration and connection to the vRealize Orchestrator client server. For more information, see Configure vRealize Orchestrator integration in Cloud Assembly.
- If using Extensibility actions:
- Existing Extensibility action scripts. For more information, see How do I create extensibility actions.
- Click .
- Enter the details of your subscription.
- Select an Event Topic within the On Event section.
- Click Run Item and select a vRealize Orchestrator or Extensibility runnable type from the drop-down menu.
- Select a workflow or Extensibility action as the Runnable id to use within your subscription.
Note: For Orchestrator workflows, the Runnable id drop-down menu displays the number of integrations containing the selected workflow. When an action is selected as the runnable id, Cloud Assembly specifies how many projects contain the selected action.
- Click Create save your subscription.
Your subscription is created. When an event, categorized by the selected Event Topic, occurs the linked vRealize Orchestrator workflow or Extensibility action is initiated and all subscribers are notified.
What to do next
After creating your subscription, you can create or deploy a blueprint to link and use the subscription. Also, you can check the status of the workflow run in the Extensibility tab within Cloud Assembly. For subscriptions containing vRealize Orchestrator workflows, you can also monitor runs and workflow status from the vRealize Orchestrator client.