As a cloud administrator, you can create a Google Cloud Platform (GCP) cloud account for account regions to which your team will deploy vRealize Automation Cloud cloud templates.
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials and have enabled HTTPS access on port 443. See Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation.
- Verify that you have the required user role. See What are the vRealize Automation Cloud user roles.
- Verify that you have access to the Google Cloud Platform JSON security key.
- Verify that you have required security information for your Google Cloud Platform instance. You can obtain most of this information from your instance or from the Google documentation.
- Select Add Cloud Account. and click
- Select the Google Cloud Platform account type and enter the appropriate credentials and related information. Use the service account that was created when the source GCP account compute engine was initialized.
As noted in the Prerequisites section above, credential requirements are available at Credentials required for working with cloud accounts in vRealize Automation. To successfully create the cloud account in vRealize Automation Cloud, the source GCP account must have the compute engine service enabled.
In vRealize Automation Cloud, the project ID is part of the Google Cloud Platform endpoint. You specify it when you create the cloud account. During data collection of project-specific private images, the vRealize Automation Cloud GCP adapter queries the Google Cloud Platform API.
- Click Validate.
The account regions associated with the account are collected.
- Select the regions to which you want to provision this resource.
- For efficiency, click Create a Cloud zone for the selected regions.
- If you need tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags. See How do I use tags to manage Cloud Assembly resources and deployments and Creating a tagging strategy.
For more information about how capability tags and constraint tags help control deployment placements, see the Constraint Tags and Placement video tutorial.
- Click Add.
The account is added to vRealize Automation Cloud, and the selected regions are available for the specified cloud zone.
What to do next
Create infrastructure resources for this cloud account.