Before you can create a vRealize Orchestrator endpoint, you must first install and configure vRO using vSphere authentication.
Download the vRealize Orchestrator open virtual appliance (OVA).
If you decide to use vRO as a standalone, you can download and import the OVA in your vCenter.
- From the vSphere Web Client, right-click your cluster and select Deploy OVF Template.
- Under local file, click Browse and select the OVA.
- Enter a name and location for the vRO appliance.
- Select the Host or Cluster to deploy the OVA.
- Review the template details and Accept the license agreements.
- Select the Location and Virtual Disk Format to store the files for the deployed template.
Select Virtual disk format
VM storage policy
- Select VM Network and IPv4 for the Network and Protocol settings.
- On the 8. Customize template tab, you can customize the deployment properties of the vRO appliance. If you want to statically IP the appliance, enter the required information under the Networking Properties section and click Next. If you prefer DHCP, leave this tab blank and click Next.
- Click Finish to start your vRO deployment.
What to do next
After the deployment, power on the virtual machine. The bootstrap configuration initiates.
For more information on setting up vRO, refer to the vRealize Orchestrator Install and Config Guide for version 7.5 or later.