You add a vCenter cloud account for the account regions that you want to deploy Cloud Assembly blueprints to.
For network and security purposes, you can associate an NSX-T or NSX-V cloud account with the vCenter cloud account.
- Verify that you have the required administrator credentials. See Credentials for Cloud Assembly cloud accounts.
- Verify that you have the cloud administrator user role. See What are the Cloud Assembly user roles.
- Verify that you have a cloud proxy to use with this cloud account. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter Server in Cloud Assembly.
- Verify that the cloud proxy VM is on and that the cloud proxy service is connected and running. See Verify that a cloud proxy is running on a target virtual machine.
- Select Add Cloud Account. and click
- Select the vCenter account type and enter the vCenter Server host IP address.
- Select an existing cloud proxy from the drop-down menu.
You can also create a new cloud proxy for this cloud account. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter Server in Cloud Assembly.
- Enter your vCenter Server administrator credentials and click Validate.
The data centers that are associated with the account are collected.
- Select at least one of the available data centers on the specified vCenter Server to allow provisioning for this cloud account.
- For efficiency, create a cloud zone for provisioning to the selected data centers.
You can also create cloud zones as a separate step according to your organization's cloud strategy.
- Select an existing NSX cloud account now.
You can also select the NSX account later when you edit the cloud account.
- If you need to add tags to support a tagging strategy, enter capability tags.
You can add or remove capability tags later. See How to use tags to manage Cloud Assembly resources and deployments.
- Click Save.
The cloud account is added and the selected data centers are available for the specified cloud zone. Collected data, such as machines and volumes, is listed in the Resources section of the Infrastructure tab.
What to do next
Configure infrastructure resources for this cloud account. See Building your Cloud Assembly resource infrastructure.