Cloud Assembly is a blueprint development and deployment service. You and your teams use the service to deploy machines, applications, and services to your cloud vendor resources.
As a cloud administrator you set up the provisioning infrastructure and create the projects that group users and resources.
- Add your cloud vendor accounts. See Adding cloud accounts to Cloud Assembly.
- Determine which regions or datastores are the cloud zones that you want your developers deploying to. See Learn more about Cloud Assembly cloud zones.
- Create policies that define the cloud zones. See Building your Cloud Assembly resource infrastructure.
- Create projects that group the developers with the cloud zones. See Using Cloud Assembly project constraints and custom properties.
As a blueprint developer, you are a member of one or more projects. You create and deploy blueprints to the cloud zones associated with one of your projects.
- Develop blueprints for projects using the canvas. Your project administrator can use the marketplace to download blueprints and supporting images from the VMware Solution Exchange. See Designing your Cloud Assembly deployments and How to use the Cloud Assembly Marketplace.
- Deploy your blueprints to project cloud zones based on policies and constraints.
- Manage your deployments, including deleting unused applications. See Managing Cloud Assembly deployments.
Welcome to Cloud Assembly. If you want an example of how to define the infrastructure, and then create an deploy a blueprint, see The WordPress use case.