Cloud Assembly supports integration with Puppet Enterprise configuration management.
When you add Puppet Enterprise to Cloud Assembly as an external system, by default it is available on all projects. You can restrict it to specific projects.
To add a Puppet Enterprise integration, you must have the Puppet master name and the hostname or IP address of the master.
You can find Puppet logs at the following location in case you need to check them for errors or information purposes.
|Log for create and install related events||
Logs are on the deployed machine at `~/var/tmp/vmware/provider/user_defined_script/$(ls -t ~/var/tmp/vmware/provider/user_defined_script/ | head -1)/`.Refer to the log.txt file for full logs. For detailed Puppet agent logs, refer to https://puppet.com/docs/puppet/4.8/services_agent_unix.html#logging
|Log for Puppet delete and run related tasks||Logs are on the PE at `~/var/tmp/vmware/provider/user_defined_script/$(ls -t ~/var/tmp/vmware/provider/user_defined_script/ | head -1)/`. Refer to the log.txt file for full logs.|
- Select Add Integration. and click
- Select Puppet.
- Enter the required information on the Puppet configuration page.
- If you need a cloud proxy, click NEW CLOUD PROXY and enter the required information. Typically, a cloud proxy is required only if you are using vSphere. See Add a cloud proxy to a vCenter Server in Cloud Assembly.
- Click Validate to check the integration.
- Click Add.
What to do next
Add Puppet components to the desired blueprints.
- Select Puppet under the Content Management heading on the blueprint menu and drag the Puppet component to the canvas.
- Enter Puppet Properties on the pane to the right.
Property Description Master Enter the name of the Puppet Master to be used with this blueprint. Environment Select the environment for the Puppet Master. Role Select the Puppet role to be used with this blueprint. Agent Run Interval The frequency at which you want the Puppet agent to Poll the Puppet Master for configuration details to be applied to deployed virtual machines related to this blueprint.
- Click the Code tab on the right pane to view the YAML code for the Puppet configuration properties.