To add a system proxy for accessing resources, or to increase the Java Virtual Memory, you can edit the Java Runtime configuration of App Launchpad.
To edit the runtime environment, you edit the /opt/vmware/alp/ALPJavaEnvironments file.
Caution: Edit the runtime configuration cautiously, as incorrect values can lead to a failure to start App Launchpad services.
- Open an SSH connection to the App Launchpad machine.
- Using a text editor, open the /opt/vmware/alp/ALPJavaEnvironments file.
- To create a system proxy, append the following parameters and save the file.
# -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true # -Xmx750m # -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true
- Restart App Launchpad services by running the
systemctl restart alpcommand.
- Verify that the runtime environment is successfully updated by running the
ps -elf | grep javacommand.The system returns the following message: java -Djava.net.useSystemProxies=true -jar /opt/vmware/alp/alp.jar --logging.path=log