When you add applications from VMware Marketplace, you select a target VMware Cloud Director catalog. You can also optionally configure App Launchpad to update the application whenever a new version is available in VMware Marketplace.
The following diagram displays the workflow for adding VM applications from VMware Marketplace to App Launchpad.
- Verify that you configured a connection between App Launchpad and VMware Marketplace. See Connect to VMware Marketplace.
- If you are adding VM applications from VMware Marketplace, verify that the public REST API endpoint of VMware Cloud Director is accessible for VMware Marketplace.
Log in to the VMware Marketplace Web console and make sure that the VMware Marketplace Egress IP addresses allow for inbound access to VMware Cloud Director.When adding VM applications, VMware Marketplace accesses VMware Cloud Director and creates or updates catalog settings.
If you are adding container applications, it is not required that the public REST API endpoint of VMware Cloud Director is accessible for VMware Marketplace.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director service provider admin portal.
- From the main menu (), select App Launchpad.
- On the Applications tab, click Add New.
- Select VMware Marketplace as the application source and click Next.
- Select the type of application that you want to add.
- Select an existing VMware Cloud Director catalog to which you add the application or create one, and click Next.
- Select the application and application version that you want to add.
You can add multiple applications simultaneously.
- (Optional) If you are adding a VM application, you can synchronize most recent versions of the application that is available in VMware Marketplace by selecting Auto Sync Enabled.
When the auto sync feature is enabled, VMware Cloud Director synchronizes applications with VMware Marketplace at a predefined synchronization interval. You can edit the synchronization interval through the VMware Cloud Director service provider admin portal. Go to and edit the interval as required.To immediately access a later version of an application that is updated in VMware Marketplace, you can also manually synchronize the catalog in the AppLaunchpad provider organization.
- (Optional) If you are adding a VM application, you can only get the latest version of the application by selecting Replace Existing Version with New Version.
- Click Next.
- Review the applications details and click Add.
After the import task completes, if the catalog is published, tenant users can deploy and use the application.
If the import process is interrupted, App Launchpad attempts to restart the synchronization of individual applications for at most three retries and for up to 120 minutes. If the import task fails after the retries, you can manually synchronize the failed vApp templates by using the VMware Cloud Director service provider admin portal, or remove the failed vApp templates and import them again.