Starting with App Launchpad, you can deploy container applications to a Kubernetes cluster.
- Verify that you have the vApp User role or an equivalent set of rights assigned to your VMware Cloud Director instance. For more information, see Predefined Roles and Their Rights.
- Verify that App Launchpad can reach the tenant Kubernetes cluster. If the Kubernetes cluster is deployed behind an organization routed network, additional configuration is required. See https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/83215.
- Verify that the tenant Kubernetes cluster has outbound access to the third party Docker hub where the Bitnami docker images are stored.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the main menu (), select App Launchpad.
- To find the application that you want to launch, use the built-in search engine, select the application, and click Launch.
You can also use the Featured Applications list.
To find container applications, look for the Container label in the upper right corner of the application card.
- Enter a name for the application.
- Select the target Kubernetes cluster.
- (Optional) Edit the advanced settings of the application
- Click Show Advanced Settings.
- Edit the application settings using the YAML editor.
- (Optional) To review the editions, click Changes.
- Click Launch.