When you launch an application, App Launchpad deploys a vApp in the virtual data center of your organization.
- Log in to the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal.
- From the main menu (), select App Launchpad.
- To find the application that you want to launch, use the built-in search engine, select the application, and click Launch.
You can also use the Featured Applications and All Applications lists to browse through the list of applications.
- Enter a name for the application.
- (Optional) To edit the deployment details, click Show Details.
A service provider has defined the default deployment details for your applications. You can optionally edit these details to meet your requirements.
- Select a target location for the application deployment.
- Select the deployment size.
- Select the IP address for the application.
Option Description Internal IP Address An IP address that is private and cannot be used to access the VM from outside of the subnet to which the VM is attached.You can select the following types of networks:
- Isolated network
- Routed networks without available IP addresses from the DNAT configuration
External IP Address An IP address that is used to access the VM from outside of the subnet to which the VM is attached.You can select the following types of networks:
- Direct network
- Routed networks with available IP addresses from the DNAT configuration
- To edit the advanced settings, click Show advanced settings.
- Select a network.
- (Optional) Select a firewall rule.
- Select a storage profile.
- (Optional) Add a startup script.
- Click Add Script.
The Add Script window opens.
- Paste your code and click Save.
- Click Add Script.
- (Optional) Add metadata tags.
- Click Add Tag.
- Enter the key-value pair for the tag.
- If necessary, add more tags by clicking Add Tag and entering the key-value pair for the tag.
- Click Launch Application.
A virtual application creation task appears in the task list of the VMware Cloud Director tenant portal. Launching the application can take a few minutes. After the application starts, you can find it in the My Applications list.