To remove the established trust between the on-premises site and the cloud site, from the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance you can unpair the cloud site.
- Delete all configured replications between the on-premises site and the cloud site.
- Log in to the management interface of the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://On-Prem-Appliance-IP-address/ui/admin.
- Log in as the root user.
- In the left pane, click Configuration.
- Remove the established trust with the cloud site from the on-premises site.
If from the cloud site the on-premises site is already unpaired, delete the remaining record in the on-premises site.
- Under Site details, next to Pairing click Unpair.
- In the Unpair from cloud site window, enter the VMware Cloud Director organization administrator credentials and click Apply.
The Pairing section shows Not configured and the cloud site is removed from the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance.
What to do next
- If you performed this procedure from the on-premises site first, in the cloud site the on-premises site still shows as paired. After unpairing the on-premises site, the service provider can remove the remaining record from the cloud site for the unpaired on-premises site. For more information, see Unpair Paired Sites.
- You can remove the established connection between the on-premises appliance and vCenter Server, see Unregister the VMware Cloud Director Availability vSphere Client Plug-In.
- You can pair the on-premises appliance and the cloud Replicator Service again, from the on-premises site, see Re-Pair On-Premises with Cloud Site.