As a service provider, you can forward the VMware Cloud Director Availability cloud event notifications to a syslog server and to VMware Cloud Director. Both delivery channels carry the same event information.
You can forward VMware Cloud Director Availability events to a syslog server and to VMware Cloud Director. You can use each delivery channel, both at the same time, or neither of them.
Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.0 is deployed in the cloud site.
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login and enter the root user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, click Configuration.
- Under Notification settings next to Cloud event notifications, click Edit.
- In the Cloud event notifications window, configure the event settings.
Option Description Config poll interval Time interval between polls for configuration issues. The default value is 1 day. Connectivity poll interval Time interval between polls for connectivity issues. The default value is 30 sec. Replications poll interval Time interval between polls for replication issues. The default value is 5 min. Certificate expiry threshold The time before a certificate expires to start forwarding events. The default value is 30 days. RPO violation threshold Only forward events for replications with RPO violation time above this threshold. Use 0 to forward events for any RPO violation. The default value is 30 min. RPO violation threshold Only forward events for replications with RPO violations count above this threshold. Use 0 to forward events for any number of replications with an RPO violation. The default value is 0. Event reposting time Time before a given event is forwarded again, while the condition is still active. The default value is 86400 sec (24 h).
- To forward the events to the syslog server, enable Syslog events, and in the Syslog server address and port text box, enter the syslog server address and the UDP port.
- To forward the cloud event notifications to VMware Cloud Director, enable VMware Cloud Director events.
- To save the cloud event notifications configuration, click Apply.
VMware Cloud Director Availability starts forwarding cloud event notifications to the selected destinations.
What to do next
You can monitor VMware Cloud Director Availability by using the syslog server or VMware Cloud Director.