In a dedicated appliance deployment, administrative sessions from public IPs are restricted to all VMware Cloud Director Availability services. If you need external administrative access, you can allow administrative sessions from public IP addresses.
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, click Configuration.
- Under Security settings, next to Restrict Admin APIs by source IP, click Edit.
- In the Restrict Admin APIs by source IP window, select Allow admin access from anywhere and click Apply.
Under Security settings, next to Restrict Admin APIs by source IP, you see Allow admin access from anywhere listed.
The external administrative sessions to all VMware Cloud Director Availability services are enabled.