To control the replication settings allowed for replications on a VMware Cloud Director organization level, the service providers can create replication policies.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability is deployed in the cloud site.
Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- On the Policies page, click New.
- In the New Policy window, configure the replication attributes, and click Create.
- Enter a unique, case-sensitive name for the replication policy.
- Select whether to allow custom SLA settings per replication or only to allow SLA profiles to set the SLA settings.
- Select whether to allow incoming and outgoing replications.
- If incoming replications are enabled, enter the maximum number of virtual machines replications.
- If incoming replications are enabled, enter the maximum number of point-in-time instances per replication.
- If incoming replications are enabled, enter the maximum number of stored instances per replication.
- Select whether to allow bandwidth throttling and if enabled enter the maximum throughput per a VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance.
- If incoming replications are enabled, set the minimum allowed RPO by using the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) slider or by clicking the time ranges.
You created the replication policy and you can see it listed on the Policies page.
What to do next
You can assign the new policy to a VMware Cloud Director organization. For more information, see Assign a Replication Policy to Organizations.