When creating a replication from an on premises site to a cloud site, you can group multiple virtual machines in a single vApp replication. For the vApp replication, set the order of boot and, optionally, set boot delays for the grouped virtual machines.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability is deployed in both the on-premises site and in the destination cloud site.
- Verify you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant or as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- Click .
- Click New Protection or New Migration.
- Complete the New Replication wizard.
- On the Source Site page, select your on-premises site and click Next.
- On the vCenter VMs page, select multiple virtual machines to replicate in a vApp.
- Enable Group VMs to a single vApp, and click Next.
After the vApp replication is created, you can exclude but cannot add replicated virtual machines.
- On the vApp Settings page, set the following settings and click Next.
- Enter a name for the resulting vApp.
- Optionally, change the order of boot of the virtual machines in the vApp by dragging the rows.
- Optionally, enter a start wait time to select the boot delay interval of the replicated virtual machines in the vApp.
In the destination cloud site, the grouped multiple virtual machines are represented in a vApp replication.