The service providers can edit an existing replication policy to change the replication settings of VMware Cloud Director organizations.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability is deployed in the cloud site.
Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- Select a replication policy and click Edit.
- In the Edit Policy window, modify the following replication policy settings and click Apply.
- Modify the unique, case-sensitive name for the replication policy.
- Select whether to allow custom SLA settings per replication or only to allow SLA profiles to set the SLA settings.
- Select whether to allow incoming and outgoing replications.
- If incoming replications are enabled, enter the maximum number of virtual machines replications.
- If incoming replications are enabled, enter the maximum number of point-in-time instances per replication.
- If incoming replications are enabled, enter the maximum number of stored instances per replication.
- Select whether to allow bandwidth throttling and if enabled enter the maximum throughput per a VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance.
- If incoming replications are enabled, set the minimum allowed RPO by using the Recovery Point Objective (RPO) slider or by clicking the time ranges.
You reconfigured the replication policy and all new replications belonging to organizations to which the policy is assigned must comply with the new replication policy settings.
If there are conflicts between the edited replication policy and the existing replications, you must resolve the conflicts. For more information, see Replication Policy Conflicts.