For security reasons, you can change the root users passwords of the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliances.
- Log in to the management interface of the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login enter the root user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, click Configuration.
- Under Appliance settings, next to Root password click Change.
- In the VMware Cloud Director Availability Appliance Password window, change the root user password.
- In the Current Password text box, you must enter the current password of the root user.
- In the New Password text box, enter the new password for the root user.
The password that you enter must be a secured password with a minimum of eight characters and it must consist of:
• At least one lowercase letter.
• At least one uppercase letter.
• At least one number.
• At least one special character, such as & # %.
- In the Confirm Password text box, enter the same new password.
- To confirm the password change, click Apply.
You changed the password of the root user of the appliance.
What to do next
- The root user password is used only for administrative logins to the appliance.
- Changing the root user password of the Cloud Replication Management Appliance in a cloud site does not affect the paired cloud sites and does not affect the paired on-premises sites.
- The Replicator Service instances paired with the Cloud Service continue operating normally after changing the root users passwords of the Cloud Replicator Appliance instances and the Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- The Cloud Service only uses the Cloud Tunnel Appliance root user password to enable the Tunnel Service for the first time.
- Changing the root user password of the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance does not affect the pairing with the cloud site.