To distribute the incoming replications evenly over all Replicator Service instances in the site, you can rebalance the replications.
VMware Cloud Director Availability assigns all new replications to the Replicator Service with the fewest number of replications in the site. After adding an extra Replicator Service instance, VMware Cloud Director Availability assigns all new replications to the new Replicator Service instance. Replications that existed before adding the new Replicator Service instance remain assigned to the previous Replicator Service instances. The result is an unequal balance of the number of replications per Replicator Service instance. You can see how many replications are assigned to each Replicator Service instance and rebalance the replications. This operation migrates the replications from Replicator Service instances with more replications to Replicator Service instances with fewer replications.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability is successfully deployed in the site.
- Verify that more than one Replicator Service instance is operational in the site.
- Log in to the Manager Service service management interface.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address:8441/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, click Replicators.
- To rebalance the replications, click Rebalance.
- In the Rebalance Site window, select a site to rebalance and click Apply.
Repeat step 4 for all paired sites.
VMware Cloud Director Availability migrates and evenly distributes the replications to each operational Replicator Service instance in the site.