As a tenant user, you can forward the VMware Cloud Director Availability event notifications to VMware Cloud Director, or by using email delivery. Both delivery channels carry the same event information.
Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.1 is deployed in the cloud site.
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address.
- Enter tenant user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, click Notifications.
- Configure email notifications.
VMware Cloud Director Availability reads the following email settings from VMware Cloud Director:
- SMTP server configuration
- Sender email address
- Receivers of the email (either explicit email address or the email addresses of organization administrators)
- Default subject prefix
- Click Configure next to Cloud Director Email.
- Enter the password for the SMTP account and click Apply.
- To test the configuration, click Test next to Cloud Director Email.
- Enter the email address that receives the test notification and click Send.
- To configure the notification delivery channels for replication management operations, click Edit next to Replication Management Events.
Option Description Replication Management Channels Select Cloud Director events as the notifications delivery channel. Replications Reconfigure Forward events when a replication is reconfigured, the owner of the replication changes, the network settings of the replications are reconfigured, the SLA settings or profile changes, and others. Replication Lifecycle Forward events about replication operations, for example starting a replication, stopping a replication, deleting a replication, syncing a replication, failing over a replication, reversing a replication, and others.
- To save the configuration for replication management event notifications, click Apply.
- To configure the notification delivery channels and settings for replication monitoring, click Edit next to Replication Monitoring Events.
Option Description Replication Monitoring Channels Select Cloud Director events and or Cloud Director email as the notifications delivery channel. RPO violation threshold time Only forward events for replications with RPO violation time above this threshold. Use 0 to forward events for any RPO violation. The default value is 0 minutes. RPO violation threshold count Only forward events for replications with RPO violations count above this threshold. Use 0 to forward events for any number of replications with an RPO violation. The default value is 0.
- To save the configuration for replication monitoring event notifications, click Apply.
VMware Cloud Director Availability starts forwarding tenant event notifications to the selected delivery channels.
What to do next
You can monitor VMware Cloud Director Availability tenant events by using the syslog server, VMware Cloud Director, or your email client.