VMware Cloud Director Availability shows the compute resource requirements of the replications that are provisioned on a failover. This information provides the required destination capacity and resources to fail over the protected workload to the destination site successfully.
The resource requirements contain the following information:
- The source virtual machine number of vCPUs.
- The virtual machine memory size.
- The sum of the capacity of the replicated disks.
The resource requirements are available for each virtual machine replication that does not have a test failover and is not failed over.
Aggregated information about the resource requirements is available on the following levels:
- On a vApp replication level as a sum of the resource requirements for each virtual machine replication in the vApp.
- On a destination OrgVDC level as a sum of the resource requirements for each virtual machine replication to the OrgVDC.
- On a destination organization level as a sum of the resource requirements for each OrgVDC in the organization.
- On a provider VDC level as a sum of the resource requirements for each OrgVDC in the provider VDC.
The resource requirements can help both the tenant users and the service providers with estimates about their OrgVDC:
- Tenants can see the required resources to fail over and power on the protected virtual machines in the destination cloud site. The resource requirements help the tenants estimate their OrgVDC capacity and help with provisioning planning.
- Service providers can see the required resources to fail over and power on the protected virtual machines:
- Per tenant to provide extra capacity in their OrgVDC.
- By all tenants to calculate the level of over-provisioning for their disaster recovery service.