To initiate a trust establishment between two cloud sites with VMware Cloud Director Availability instances, you initiate pairing from either of the two sites. Depending on the VMware Cloud Director Availability versions in the sites, to complete establishing the trust, you perform the pairing procedure in the local and the remote sites or only in the local site.
- From site A, initiate the pairing process with site B.
- From site B, complete the pairing process with site A.
- Verify that, before pairing sites, the versions of VMware Cloud Director Availability in both sites can interoperate together. For the pairing interoperability, see Managing Connections Between Cloud Sites.
- Verify that in both cloud sites, all the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliances are configured:
- Cloud Replication Management Appliance
- Cloud Replicator Appliance instances
- Cloud Tunnel Appliance
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Peer Sites.
- In the Cloud sites page, click New Pairing.
- In the New Pairing window, configure the connection to the cloud site, and to initiate the trust between the two sites click Pair.
Option Description Site name Provide an exact match of the remote cloud site name. Service Endpoint Enter the external VMware Cloud Director Availability Service Endpoint URL of the remote site. For port, you can use the external DNAT-ed port (443 by default) and if the Tunnel Services are internally visible between both sites, you might use the internal address and port of the Tunnel Service:8048.
For example, https://remote-vcda.provider.com:443.
Description Optionally provide a description for the cloud site pair.
- To complete the first half of the pair process, verify the thumbprint and accept the remote Cloud Service SSL certificate.
VMware Cloud Director Availability initiates the trust between the two sites.
- To complete the pairing, log in to the remote cloud site and pair with the local site by repeating this procedure.
VMware Cloud Director Availability establishes the trust between the two sites.
- Under Cloud sites, verify that the new cloud site is listed and does not show any errors.