In VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.0, as a service provider, you can configure the replication policies to set a limit for the replication data traffic from the on-premises sites to the cloud site.
Configuring the bandwidth throttling limit in the replication policy affects all VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance instances, on all on-premises sites that target the organization to which this replication policy applies.
For more information about the replication policies, see Configuring Replication Policies.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.0 is deployed in the cloud site.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing the VMware Cloud Director Availability Provider Portal.
- In the left pane, click Policies.
- Select an existing replication policy.
- Click Edit.
- In the Edit Policy window, select Enable bandwidth throttling.
- In Max throughput per On-Premises Replicator Appliance, enter the limit in mbit/s.
- To save the bandwidth throttling limit, click Apply.
Without re-pairing the on-premises sites, the bandwidth limit applies in 30 minutes.
- In the list of policies, in the Maximum throughput column you can see the bandwidth throttling limits for each policy.
All instances of the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance in the organization to which the replication policy applies receive and enforce the configured bandwidth throttling limit.
What to do next
You can also configure a global limit for the total incoming replication traffic from all cloud sites. For more information, see Configure the Global Bandwidth Throttling for the Cloud Site.