To control the replication settings of VMware Cloud Director organizations, as a service provider you can assign replication policies to the organizations.
The default replication policy is assigned to an organization unless a custom policy is assigned to the organization.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability is deployed in the cloud site.
Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing the VMware Cloud Director Availability Provider Portal.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Policies.
- In the Policies page, select a replication policy and click Assign.
- In the Assign Policy window, to assign the policy to one or more organizations select them, and click Assign.
You assigned the policy to the selected VMware Cloud Director organizations.
What to do next
If there are conflicts between the assigned replication policy and the existing replications, you must first resolve the conflicts. For more information, see Replication Policy Conflicts.
- You can see all organizations and their assigned policies by clicking Organizations. For more information, see Review the Replication Policies Assignments.