From the local site you can manage VMware Cloud Director Availability objects in remote sites, after in the local site you extend the session to the remote sites by authenticating as a Organization Administrator.
You can defer this authentication procedure until you need access to the remote site. For a list of replication operations that require authentication to remote sites, see Authenticating to Remote Sites.
- Verify that the remote site is paired. For information about pairing sites, see the VMware Cloud Director Availability Administration Guide document.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- Verify that in both the local and the remote organizations, the tenant user has Organization Administrator privileges assigned, to perform replication operations on the remote site.
- In the left pane, click Sites.
- On the Cloud sites page, select the remote site you want to authenticate to and click Login.
- In the Log In window, enter the remote site Organization Administrator credentials, and click Login.