To set a limit for the replication data traffic from on-premises sites to the cloud site, configure the replication policies. All on-premises sites that target the organization to which this replication policy applies receive and apply this limit.
- Configuring the bandwidth throttling limit in the replication policy affects all VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance instances, on all on-premises sites that target the organization to which this replication policy applies. For more information about the bandwidth limit, see Bandwidth Throttling.
For more information about the replication policies, see Configuring Replication Policies in the VMware Cloud Director Availability User Guide.
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Policies.
- Select an existing replication policy and click Edit.
- In the Edit Policy window under General limits, select Enable bandwidth throttling.
- In the Max throughput per On-Premises Replicator Appliance text box, enter the limit in Mbit/s.
- To save the bandwidth throttling limit, click Apply.
Without re-pairing the on-premises sites, the bandwidth limit applies in 30 minutes.
- In the list of policies, in the Maximum throughput column you can see the bandwidth limits for each policy.
All VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance instances in the organization to which the replication policy applies receive and apply the bandwidth throttling limit that you configured.
What to do next
You can also configure a global limit for the total incoming replication traffic from all cloud sites. For more information, see Configure Bandwidth Throttling in the Cloud.