As a system administrator, you can modify the host name, the DNS servers, and the Domain Search Path by using the management interface of the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliance.
Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.0 or later is successfully deployed.
- Log in to the management interface of the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login and enter the root user password.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Settings.
- Under Appliance settings next to Network, click Edit.
- In the Network Settings window, configure the network settings and click Apply.
Manually configuring the network settings overwrites the configuration provided by DHCP or by SLAAC.
- Enter the appliance host name.
- Enter the static DNS servers as a comma-separated list of DNS server addresses.
- Enter the static Domain Search Path as a comma-separated list of search domains.
The VMware Cloud Director Availability appliance now uses the network settings that you configured.
What to do next