To reestablish the trust between the on-premises site and a cloud site, you re-pair the cloud site from the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance.
- Log in to the management interface of the VMware Cloud Director Availability On-Premises Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://On-Prem-Appliance-IP-address/ui/admin.
- Log in as the root user.
- In the left pane, click Settings.
- Under Site details next to Pairing, click Repair.
- To re-establish the trust with the cloud site, complete the Update Pairing wizard.
- In the Site Details page, verify the site name and description and click Next.
- In the Lookup Service page, enter the single sign-on user credentials and click Next.
- In the Cloud Service Details page, provide the organization administrator credentials and configure the access from cloud
Option Description Service Endpoint address Service Endpoint:8048 Organization Admin VMware Cloud Director admin@org Organization Password VMware Cloud Director organization admin password Allow Access from Cloud Select to allow the cloud provider and the organization administrators to perform the following operations from the VMware Cloud Director Availability Tenant Portal without authenticating to the on-premises site:
- Discover on-premises workloads and replicate them to the cloud.
- Reverse existing replications to the on-premises site.
- Replicate cloud workloads to the on-premises site.
Deselect to allow only users authenticated to the on-premises VMware Cloud Director Availability Tenant Portal to configure new replications and existing replications cannot be reversed from the VMware Cloud Director Availability Tenant Portal.Verify the thumbprint and accept the SSL certificate of the Service Endpoint.
- In the Ready to Complete page, optionally select to configure the local placement, and to complete the initial setup wizard click Finish.
- You can configure data center to cloud replications and you can leave Edit / configure local placement now deselected.
- To enable the cloud to data center replications, select Edit / configure local placement now.
- Verify that the connectivity to the cloud site is operational.
- In the left pane, click System Health.
- Under Cloud Service Status, verify that for the cloud site you re-paired, Service connectivity shows a green OK status.