For on-premises to cloud replications, you can create a collection of virtual machines in a single container, managed and replicated as a single unit. You can specify the virtual machines boot order, boot delays, and protect or migrate them as a single vApp replication in the destination cloud site.
In the destination cloud site, the grouped multiple virtual machines are represented as a vApp replication. In this vApp, the virtual machines relations are:
- The boot order works from top to bottom.
- By default, there is no set boot delay. The start wait is measured as the time that passed after the boot of the previous virtual machine.
- You can edit the replication settings.
- You can remove virtual machines from the replication.
- You cannot add other virtual machines to the replication.
You can perform replication operations on the vApp or on a single virtual machine from the vApp.
Failing over one of the virtual machines from a vApp replication, in the destination site results in two vApp replications with the same name. One replication contains the failed over virtual machine and the other replication contains the remaining virtual machines that are not failed over.