VMware Cloud Director Availability™ offers simple and secure onboarding, migration, and disaster recovery services. Migrate and protect vSphere workloads: between on-premises sites and a multi-tenant cloud site, or between cloud sites.
- After onboarding a tenant with a provider, the on-premises appliance pairs with the cloud site. vSphere workloads like vApps and virtual machines can be migrated or protected to and from that cloud site.
- After pairing a cloud site with another cloud site, the workloads can be migrated or protected between the cloud sites.
- When VMware Cloud Director Availability is paired with another site, tenants and service providers can:
- Replicate workloads to that site. After replicating the workload, when using a protection - the workload in the source site keeps staying active. When using a migration - the workload in the destination site becomes active.
- Perform disaster recovery workflows like test failover, failover, and reverse tasks on the replicated workloads.
- Tenants and providers can manage replications and perform workflows by accessing the VMware Cloud Director Availability portal or in VMware Cloud Director.
- On-premises tenants can access the VMware Cloud Director Availability vSphere Client Plug-In.
- Replication policies can be set per-tenant or per-organization. The replication policies disallow or allow the incoming or the outgoing replications. The policies also control the maximum number of virtual machines, the maximum number of retained instances per replication and the minimum Recovery Point Objective (RPO).