As a service provider, you can forward the VMware Cloud Director Availability tenant events notifications to VMware Cloud Director, or by using email delivery. Both delivery channels carry the same event information.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.1 or later is deployed in the cloud site.
- To use the email delivery channel for events notifications, verify that you configured the SMTP settings in VMware Cloud Director. For more information, see Configure the System Email Settings in the VMware Cloud Director Service Provider Admin Portal Guide.
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Director Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login and enter the root user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, under Configuration click Events and Notifications and click Tenants Events.
- From the Organization drop-down menu, select the organization for which you want to edit the events notifications configuration.
- (Optional) To configure email notifications in the VMware Cloud Director Provider Portal, under Settings next to Cloud Director Email click Configure in VCD.
VMware Cloud Director Availability reads the following email settings from VMware Cloud Director:
- The SMTP server configuration.
- The sender email address.
- The recipients of the email, either explicit email address or the email addresses of organization administrators.
- The default subject prefix.
- Under Events next to Replication Management Events, click Edit.
- Next to Replication Management Channels, select Cloud Director events as the notifications delivery channel.
- To save the selected delivery channel, in the Replication Management Events window, click Apply.
- Under Events, next to Replication Monitoring Events click Edit and to save the settings click Apply.
Note: To forward tenant events by email, in VMware Cloud Director you must first configure the email delivery channel in step 3. Without email configuration, the Cloud Director email check box remains dimmed.
Option Description Replication Monitoring Channels
Select Cloud Director events, and or Cloud director email as the notifications delivery channel.
RPO violation threshold time Only forward events for replications with RPO violation time above this threshold. Use 0 to forward events for any RPO violation. The default value is 30 minutes. RPO violation threshold time Only forward events for replications with RPO violations count above this threshold. Use 0 to forward events for any number of replications with an RPO violation. The default value is 0.
- To restrict or allow the settings changes to the events notifications, modify the replication policy that is associated with the organization.
For information about modifying the Settings changes in the replication policy, see Configuring Replication Policies in the User Guide.
VMware Cloud Director Availability starts forwarding the tenants events notifications to the selected delivery channels.
What to do next
Tenants can monitor VMware Cloud Director Availability by using VMware Cloud Director, or their email client.