To initiate a trust establishment between two cloud sites running VMware Cloud Director Availability instances, initiate pairing from either of the two sites. Then, to complete establishing the trust, repeat the pairing procedure in the remote site.
- In cloud site A, initiate pairing with a remote cloud site B.
- In cloud site B, complete pairing with site A.
- Verify that, before pairing sites, the versions of VMware Cloud Director Availability in both sites can interoperate together. For the pairing interoperability, see Managing Pairing with Cloud Director Sites.
- Verify that in both cloud sites, all the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliances are successfully configured:
- Cloud Director Replication Management Appliance
- Replicator Appliance instances
- Tunnel Appliance
- Log in to the management interface of the Cloud Director Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Peer Sites.
- On the Peer Sites page, click New cloud pairing.
- In the New Cloud Pairing window, configure the pairing with the remote cloud site, and to initiate the trust between the local and the remote cloud sites click Pair.
Option Description Site name Enter a local site name, exactly matching the remote cloud site name. Service Endpoint Enter the public URL of the Service Endpoint, external for the remote cloud site.
- For the network port, enter the externally DNAT-ed port, by default port 443.
- If both Tunnel Service instances are internally visible between the two cloud sites, you can enter the internal URL or private IP address of the Tunnel Service and enter port 8048 for direct communication.
For example, enter https://remote-vcda.provider.com:443.
Description Optionally, enter a description for the paired cloud site.
- Complete the first half of the pair process.
VMware Cloud Director Availability initiates the trust between the two cloud sites.
- Verify the thumbprint and accept the remote Cloud Service SSL certificate.
- In the Additional actions required window, click OK.
Visit the Cloud Service in the Site name and complete the pairing operation.
- To complete the pairing between both sites, log in to the remote cloud site and repeat this procedure for pairing with the local site.
VMware Cloud Director Availability establishes the trust between the two cloud sites.
- Under Peer Sites, verify that the new cloud site is listed and does not show any errors.
- Before creating any replications, verify that as a provider you added each Cloud Service instance for metering in VMware vCloud® Usage Meter.
For information about adding the cloud sites instances in vCloud Usage Meter, see vCloud Usage Meter Integration.