In the appliance management interface, you can upgrade to the latest version by using the default VMware repository.
- Log in to the management interface of the appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane, click Settings.
- Under Version, next to Product version click Check for updates.
- To upgrade, complete the Update wizard.
Note: Proceed with the upgrade only after taking a snapshot of the appliance.
The appliance automatically restarts.
- On the Repository page, select Use Official Online Repository and click Next.
- On the Available updates page, select an update and click Next.
- On the Release notes page, read the notes for this release and click Next.
- On the EULA Review page, to accept the end-user license agreement click Next.
- On the Ready for update page, click Finish and wait for the installation process to complete.
- After the appliance restarts, verify that the upgrade is successful.
When the upgrade process finishes, in the left pane in System Tasks, you might see a red Update task that failed with messages like Operation aborted due to an unexpected error or Task aborted due to service reboot, while the upgrade is successful.
- Connect to the appliance console either by using a Secure Shell (SSH) client or by using the appliance console in the vSphere Client and log in as the root user.
- Open the upgrade log file.
- Verify that the upgrade log finishes with the following log entry.
The upgrade was successful! Scheduling reboot in 15 seconds.
What to do next
After you upgrade the appliance, complete the upgrade with a post-upgrade configuration. For more information, see Post-Upgrade Configuration.