As a provider, depending on the deployment requirements, you can add more Replicator Appliance instances to the vSphere DR and migration environment after configuring the vCenter Replication Management Appliance.
- Deploy one or more Replicator Appliance instances by using the VMware-Cloud-Director-Availability-Provider-release.number.xxxxxxx-build-sha_OVF10.ova file. For more information, see Deploy the Appliances for vSphere DR and Migration.
- Verify that the vCenter Replication Management Appliance in the disaster recovery environment is already configured. For information about configuring the appliance, see Configure and Pair Both Appliances.
- Log in to the service management interface of the vCenter Replication Management Appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Replication-Management-Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Replicator Services.
- On the Replicator Services administration page, click New.
- In the New Local Replicator Service window, enter the details for the new Replicator Service instance then click Add.
- Enter the address and the root user password of the new Replicator Appliance then click Test Connection.
- Verify and accept the SSL certificate of the new Replicator Service instance.
- Enter the single-sign-on user credentials for the single sign-on domain in the local site.
- Optionally, if you deployed multiple Replicator Appliance instances, to register the additional ones click Add a Replicator Service instance then repeat entering the configuration details for each one.
Option Description Lookup Service Address Shows the IP address or the hostname of the vCenter Lookup Service in the provider data center. Replicator API Service Endpoint Enter the IP address and port 8043 of the newly deployed Replicator Appliance instance.
For example, enter https://Replicator-Appliance-IP-address:8043.
Replicator Service Root Password Enter the root user password for the new Replicator Appliance as set during the OVA deployment of the new appliance then click Test Connection. New Password
If you did not log in to the new Replicator Appliance, you must now change the initial root user password:Enter a new password for the root user of the new appliance.The password that you enter must be a secured password with a minimum of eight characters and it must consist of:
- At least one lowercase letter.
- At least one uppercase letter.
- At least one number.
- At least one special character, such as & # %.
Confirm the new password for the root user of the new appliance, matching the above entry. SSO User name Enter a user with administrative privileges in the local site single sign-on domain. For example, enter Administrator@VSPHERE.LOCAL. SSO password Enter the password for the single sign-on administrative user. Description Optionally, enter a description for the new Replicator Service instance you are registering.On the Replicator Services administration page, you now see a green check status for the newly added Replicator Service instances.
- Verify that the connectivity to the new Replicator Service instances is operational.
- In the left pane under System, click System Health.
- Under Local Replicator Services, verify that for the new Replicator Service instances Service connectivity shows a green check status.