For vSphere DR and migration between vCenter Server sites, specify the location, the compute resource, and the networks that apply when recovering the workload in the destination site.
When replicating between vCenter Server sites, before recovering the workload in the destination site, you can reconfigure the destination location and compute resource for placing the recovered workloads, and the networks for each network interface card (NIC) that connect to after recovery.
For replications to and from cloud sites backed by VMware Cloud Director, see Configure Recovery Settings and Guest Customization under Replicating with Cloud Director Site.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.5 is or later is deployed in both the source and in the destination sites.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant or as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- In the left pane, choose a replication direction by clicking Incoming Replications or Outgoing Replications.
- Select one or more replications.
- Click .
- Complete the Recovery settings wizard.
On the Recovery settings tab under the replications list, you can see the configured recovery settings that apply when performing migrate, failover, or test failover.
- On the VM Folder page, select a location for the recovered virtual machines then click Next.
- On the Compute Resource page, select the destination compute resource for the recovered virtual machines then click Next.
The compute resources settings are filtered by the replica datastore placement.
- On the Network Mappings page, select the networks to be applied after performing migrate or failover of each virtual machine then click Next.
You can select different networks to be applied for DR and for test failover:
If you do not select a network for a NIC for the specific scenario, the NIC is not connected after performing migrate, failover, or test failover.
- Under the Network column, select the destination network to applies after performing migrate or failover.
- Under the Test Network column, select the destination network that applies after a test failover.
- On the Ready to Complete page, verify the selected settings before proceeding then click Finish.
What to do next
When performing migrate, failover, or test failover for the selected replications, on the Default Settings page, to use these configured recovery settings, select Use preset Recovery Settings. For more information, see Migrating, Failing Over, Testing, and Reversing Replications.