For the on-premises to cloud replications, you can specify the destination network settings of the vApp or virtual machine. After performing a migration, failover, or a test failover, VMware Cloud Director Availability attaches the selected network settings in the destination cloud site.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.5 is deployed in both the on-premises site and in the cloud site.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant or as a service provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- To configure their destination network settings, select one or more on-premises to cloud replications and click .
- In the Recovery settings window, to configure the destination network settings of the selected replications click the Nics tab.
Note: Networks is inactive for on-premises to cloud replications and is active only for cloud to cloud replications. For more information, see Configure the Network Settings for Cloud to Cloud Replications.
To see the number of the virtual machines and their network interface cards (NIC), expand the name of the parent vApp then expand each NIC. For each NIC, the network resolution, by default selected as Automatic means the source network gateway matches the destination gateway. Alternatively, select an organization VDC network to connect to. Status To activate the connection for that NIC to the destination organization VDC network, select the Connect at Power On check box. State Select the Primary NIC for each virtual machine. MAC Address To reset the MAC address of the expanded NIC in the destination site, from the drop-down menu select Reset. IP Address
- None selected by default, no IP addressing mode is specified.
- Static - IP POOL select to obtain an IP address for the expanded NIC from an IP pool in the destination network. To commit the IP address changes to the virtual machine guest OS, click Guest customization.
- DHCP select to obtain an IP address for the expanded NIC when the connected destination network is configured with a DHCP server.
- Static - Manual select to enter a static IP address to the expanded NIC. To commit the IP address changes to the virtual machine guest OS, click Guest customization.
For more information about Guest customization, see Edit Replication Settings.
- Click Apply.