As a provider, in VMware Cloud Director Availability, you can see the required destination site resources per source site, per organization or an organization VDC, per provider VDC, or per replication for failing over the protected workloads in the destination site. With this information, you can calculate the level of over-provisioning in the disaster recovery infrastructure and provide extra capacity for the tenants.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.4 or later is deployed in the cloud site for selecting the Source sites filter.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a provider. For more information, see Accessing the VMware Cloud Director Availability Provider Portal.
- To see the aggregated required resources for failing over to this destination site, at the bottom of the Dashboard page, under Required resources select one or more Source sites or select All.
- Required resources
For all incoming replications from the selected source sites,
Required resources aggregates the following information:
Note: For outgoing replications, to see their required resources, for example, outgoing from site A to site B, log in to site B and from the Source sites filter, select site A. This selection shows the required resources for failing over all the incoming replications to site B from site A.
- For the selected source sites, Top 5 organizations displays each of the organizations, up to five. With more than five organizations, displays the top five organizations and an Other category, that aggregates the remaining organizations.
- CPU, Memory, and Disk capacity required resources for each displayed organization.
- Three piecharts aggregating the proportional required resources for CPU, for memory, and for disk capacity among the displayed organizations.
- To see the resources required by an organization, in the left pane click Reports and in the top right corner click Organization resources.
- To see the resources required by a provider VDC, in the left pane click Reports and in the top right corner click Provider VDC resources.
- To see the resources required by a replicated workload, in the left pane, click Incoming Replications or Outgoing Replications. Then, to see the resources required by the replications, under Show details click Resources.