To set a global limit for the incoming replication traffic from all peer sites, both remote cloud sites and on-premises sites, you can configure the bandwidth throttling for the cloud site.
- Cloud Director site
- vSphere DR and migration
- Verify that the cloud site uses only external Replicator Appliance instances.
- Verify that for configuring bandwidth throttle for vSphere DR and migration, VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.6 or later is deployed in the provider cloud site.
- Log in to the management interface of the VMware Cloud Director Availability appliance.
- In a Web browser, go to https://Appliance-IP-Address/ui/admin.
- Select Appliance login or SSO login and enter the root or the single sign-on user credentials.
- Click Login.
- In the left pane under Configuration, click Settings.
- Under Tunnel settings next to Bandwidth throttling, click Edit.
- In the Bandwidth throttling window, configure the global limit for the incoming traffic from all peer sites.
- To enable bandwidth throttling, select the Limit all incoming traffic radio button.
- In the Maximum text box, enter a numerical value for the replication traffic limit in megabits per second.
- From the Tunnel nic menu, select the network adapter that is connected to the local site components.
- To save the settings, click Apply.