For vSphere DR and migration between vCenter Server sites, specify the location, the compute resource, and the networks that apply when recovering the workload in the destination site.
When replicating between vCenter Server sites, before recovering the workload in the destination site, you can reconfigure the destination location and compute resource for placing the recovered workloads, and the networks for each network adapter to connect to after recovery.
For replications to and from cloud sites backed by VMware Cloud Director, see Configure recovery settings and guest customization under the Replicating with Cloud Director sites chapter.
- Verify that VMware Cloud Director Availability 4.6 is or later is deployed in both the source and in the destination sites.
- Verify that you can access VMware Cloud Director Availability as a tenant or as a provider. For more information, see Accessing VMware Cloud Director Availability.
- In the left pane, choose a replication direction by clicking Incoming Replications or Outgoing Replications.
- Select one or more replications.
- Click .
- Complete the Recovery settings wizard.
On the Recovery settings tab under the replications list, you can see the configured recovery settings that apply when performing migrate, failover, or test failover.
- On the VM Folder page, select a location for the recovered virtual machines then click Next.
- On the Compute Resource page, select the destination compute resource for the recovered virtual machines then click Next.
The compute resources settings are filtered by the replica datastore placement.
- On the Network Mappings page, select the networks to be applied during the recovery of each virtual machine, optionally to select each network for each network adapter activate the Customize per Network Adapters settings toggle, then click Next.
All network adapters that use a specific source network will be set to the selected target networks.
You can select the target networks to be used per network adapter. For those network adapters that do not have selected target networks, the general mappings will be used.You can select different target networks to be applied when performing migrate and failover, and for test failover:
- To configure the recovery network settings applied when performing migrate and failover click Migrate/failover.
- To configure the recovery network settings applied when performing test failover click Test. Optionally, you can copy the settings from Migrate/failover by clicking the copy settings button.
- On the Network Adapters page, shown when you activate Customize per Network Adapters settings on the previous page, for each network adapter you can select the failover network and the test network then click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, verify the selected settings before proceeding then click Finish.
What to do next
When performing migrate, failover, or test failover for the selected replications, on the Replications page, to use these newly configured recovery settings, leave the Use preset recovery settings where possible toggle activated. For more information, see Migrating, failing over, testing failover, and reversing replications.